Friday, February 6, 2015

What I'm Looking For

Over the last two days, I've spent a lot of time on job search sites. 

What have I learned?  

Apparently my city has two outsourced call center thingmajiggies. I'd go into more detail for you, but the web sites and job descriptions are page long adverts for how cool the guys who started the place are and how much fun you'll have doing whatever buzz word heavy job it is you end up applying for.

I like the idea of administrative assistant or office manager, but I'm either completely unqualified or freakishly overqualified for the job. I haven't decided which. 

Human Resources sounds like something I could actually do, and have applicable skills for, but they all require 5+ years of experience. I've been hiring, orienting (NOT orientating), training, and firing for ten years now. That counts for something, right?  Unfortunately, there's some sort of HR program that's apparently the very basis of the job expectations that I've never even heard of. 

I used to think I wanted to do Technical Writing, but I may have been wrong about that. Ideally, I actually want to edit manuals, not create them. 

Basically, I need to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment